Your Support is Vital
As a locally-based non-profit providing services for 50 years, the Community Action Agency is a stable and trusted organization that directly addresses the causes and conditions of poverty in our community. Your support of these services creates positive change in people's lives and in the health of our community. Your donations are tax-deductible as allowed by IRS regulations. Donations can be directed to a specific program, or to where they're most needed. If you have any questions and would like to speak to someone directly about financial donation opportunities, please contact Tom Tenorio, Chief Executive Officer at 530-712-2600.
Ways to Donate
Community Action Agency of Butte’s DISASTER RELIEF Fund
The need created by the Camp Fire is huge. The CAA has obtained $150,000 in grant funding to begin the effort to help families in need. While $150,000 may seem sizable, with motel rooms averaging $120/night (all taxes included) these funds will ONLY cover 1 week of shelter for a mere 178 families.
With over 6,000 families now homeless, this in no way compares to the need. Your donation to the Community Action Agency of Butte’s Disaster Relief Fund will be MATCHED by these funds to increase the value and to make sure that families continue to receive assistance. Your donation will help provide stability and hope to these families.
Want to donate to this fund?
- Deposit your cash or check directly at Golden Valley Bank (190 Cohasset Road, Chico)
- Please advise the teller that you want to make a donation deposit to the “Community Action Agency of Butte’s Disaster Relief Fund".
Please send a check to Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc., P.O. Box 6369, Chico CA 95927
Online via PayPal Giving
By using PayPal Giving, this allows your full donation to go directly to CAA General Fund, North State Food Bank or Esplanade House. Click on the fund of your choice below:
Online, but don’t want to log-in to PayPal
Click on the button below to donate by credit/debit card without logging in. *Please note, a small percentage of your donation is used to cover the standard credit card processing fees.
Learn how you can provide gifts that keep on giving. Consult with your tax professional and if you have questions, contact us by filling out our online contact form.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? Did you know that Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice? AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Start your shopping at smile.amazon.com and support Community Action Agency of Butte County. Just choose "Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc." as the charity of your choice in the drop-down under the search bar. Then proceed as normal with your Amazon shopping. Easy!!
What to Donate
The CAA's programs have the usual expenses to accomplish the results that we do. Therefore it is deeply appreciated if you would consider becoming a cash donor, either one-time or ongoing, to help with program expenses. Your donations make our funds go further.
- In our Food Bank we have the ability to buy healthy food in bulk to help families.
- In our Esplanade House we can help kids participate in healthy activities.
- In our Energy and Environmental Services we can help seniors to be more comfortable and safer in their homes.
CAA's Esplanade House Transition Housing program provides formerly homeless families with safe, clean housing and life skills support while they rebuild their lives. Many families show up at the Esplanade House with few to no personal possessions. Your donation of any of the following items helps us to help these families start their new life with the basic necessities needed to "set up house":
- Pots, pans dishes, kitchen utensils, cleaning supplies
- Bed linens, blankets, towels, bath supplies and toiletry items.
- Furniture: small dressers, cribs, infant & toddler items, working TV's
- Miscellaneous: Storage bins, office supplies, non-perishable food, flashlights
- Computers- In Good Working Order
We regret that we cannot accept the following items:
- Used mattresses or used upholstered furniture
- Major appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc)
- Out of season clothing
Donations of household goods may be dropped off at the Donations Room located at the Esplanade House (181 E. Shasta Avenue, Chico) Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. If you have questions about whether or not your intended donation is needed or allowable, please call 530-712-2853 during the hours listed above.
Time (Volunteer Hours)
The selfless giving of your time is a gift whose value cannot be overestimated. CAA has many opportunities for those wishing to volunteer, including:
- Working in our Food Bank warehouse or at tailgate food distributions
- Working with families and children at the Esplanade House through teaching life skills classes, reading to children, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
- Basic maintenance, painting, gardening, etc. at the Esplanade House
- Office/clerical operations