Your Support is Vital
As a locally-based non-profit providing services for 50 years, the Community Action Agency is a stable and trusted organization that directly addresses the causes and conditions of poverty in our community. Your support of these services creates positive change in people's lives and in the health of our community. Your donations are tax-deductible as allowed by IRS regulations*. Donations can be directed to a specific program, or to where they're most needed. If you have any questions and would like to speak to someone directly about financial donation opportunities, please contact us here.
Ways to Donate
Please send a check to Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc., P.O. Box 6369, Chico CA 95927*
Online via PayPal Giving
By using PayPal Giving, this allows your full donation to go directly to the Esplanade House, CAA General Fund, North State Food Bank, or the 530 Food Rescue Coalition*. Click on the fund of your choice below:
Donate to the 530 Food Rescue Coalition
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) and the Center for Healthy Communities at CSU, Chico have partnered to create the 530 Food Rescue Coalition (530 FRC). The 530FRC is a new program in Butte County working to save excess food and drop it off at local non-profit organizations that provide services for unhoused individuals, low-income residents, and others that are working to feed hungry families.
Learn how you can provide gifts that keep on giving. Consult with your tax professional and if you have questions, contact us by filling out our online contact form.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? Did you know that Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice? AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Start your shopping at smile.amazon.com and support Community Action Agency of Butte County. Just choose "Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc." as the charity of your choice in the drop-down under the search bar. Then proceed as normal with your Amazon shopping. Easy!!
What to Donate
The CAA's programs have the usual expenses to accomplish the results that we do. Therefore it is deeply appreciated if you would consider becoming a cash donor, either one-time or ongoing, to help with program expenses. Your donations make our funds go further*.
- In our Food Bank we have the ability to buy healthy food in bulk to help families.
- In our Esplanade House we can help kids participate in healthy activities.
- In our Energy and Environmental Services we can help seniors to be more comfortable and safer in their homes.
CAA's Esplanade House Transitional Housing program provides formerly homeless families with safe, clean housing and life skills support while they rebuild their lives. Many families show up at the Esplanade House with few to no personal possessions. The bold items below are the ones most needed, but your donation of any of the following items helps these families get the basic necessities needed to "set up house":
- Bath supplies
- Full size bath towels
- Toiletry items
- Bed linens
- Twin and queen size sheet sets
- Kitchen Supplies
- Small Counter-top microwaves
- Pots and pans
- Forks, spoons, butter knives
- Cooking utensils
- Cleaning supplies
- Furniture: small dressers, cribs, infant & toddler items, working TV's
- Miscellaneous: Storage bins, office supplies, non-perishable food, flashlights
- Computers: In Good Working Order and no older than 10 years
We regret that we CANNOT accept the following items:
- Used mattresses or used upholstered furniture
- Major appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc)
- Out of season clothing
- Broken, unsafe, or non-functioning items
Donations of household goods may be dropped off at the Donations Room located at the Esplanade House (181 E. Shasta Avenue, Chico) Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. If you have questions about whether or not your intended donation is needed or allowable, please call 530-712-2853 during the hours listed above.
Time (Volunteer Hours)
- Working in our Food Bank warehouse or at tailgate food distributions
- Working with families and children at the Esplanade House through teaching life skills classes, reading to children, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
- Basic maintenance, painting, landscaping, cleaning, etc. at the Esplanade House
- Office/clerical operations
*The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN#94-1640546. Please keep a copy of your donation for your tax records.