Your Support is Vital
As a locally- based non-profit providing services for 50 years, the Community Action Agency is a stable and trusted organization that directly addresses the causes and conditions of poverty in our community. Your support of these services creates positive change in people's lives and in the health of our community. Your donations are tax-deductible as allowed by IRS regulations. Donation can be directed to a specific program, or to where it is most needed. If you have any questions and would like to speak to someone directly about financial donation opportunities, please contact: Tom Tenorio, Executive Director by calling 530-712-2600.
Ways to Donate
- By mail: Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc., P.O. Box 6369, Chico CA 95927
- On-line via PayPal or credit Card by clicking on the Donate button below
If you are interested in planned giving opportunities, please fill out the contact form and we will contact you.
What to Donate
The CAA's programs have the usual expenses to accomplish the results that we do. Therefore is deeply appreciated if you would consider becoming a cash donor, either one-time or ongoing, to help with program expenses. Your donations make our
funds go further.
In our Food Bank we have the ability to buy healthy food in bulk to help families. In our Esplanade House we can help kids participate in healthy activities.
In our Energy and Environmental Services we can help seniors to be more comfortable and safer in their homes.
CAA's Esplanade House Transition Housing program provides formerly homeless families with safe, clean housing, and life skills supports while they rebuild their lives. Many families show up at the esplanade House with few to no personal possessions. Your donation of any of the following items helps us to help these families start their new life with the basic necessities needed to "set up house":
- Pts, pans dishes, kitchen utensils, cleaning supplies
- Bed linens, blankets, towels, bath supplies and toiletry items.
- Furniture: small dressers, cribs, infant & toddler items, working TV's
- Miscellaneous: Storage bins, office supplies, non-perishable food, flashlights
- Computers- In Good Working Order
We regret that we cannot accept the following items:
- Used mattresses or used upholstered furniture
- Major appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc)
- Out of season clothing
Donations of household goods may be dropped off at the Donations Room located at the Esplanade House (181 E. Shasta Avenue, Chico) Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. If you have questions about whether or not your intended donation is needed or allowable, please call 530-712-2853 during the hours listed above.
Time (Volunteer Hours)
The selfless giving of your time is a gift whose value cannot be overestimated. CAA has many opportunities for those wishing to volunteer, including:
- Working in our Food Bank warehouse or at tailgate food distributions;
- Working with families and children at the Esplanade House through teaching life skills classes, reading to children, tutoring, mentoring, etc;
- Basic maintenance, painting, gardening, etc. at the Esplanade House
- Office/clerical operations