CAA Affordable Housing Apartments:
181 E. Shasta Ave., Chico, CA 95973
Community Action Agency offers family friendly affordable housing units to individuals that meet the income requirements and eligibility criteria. We offer a choice of one, two, and three bedroom apartments and provide affordable living in a sober living community setting. All applicants must meet all income eligibility requirements. Section 8 or housing vouchers are accepted.
On Site Features
- Computer lab
- Laundry facilities
- A safe and supportive sober community
- Full time onsite property management
- Garbage disposal
- Storage & coat closets
- Central air conditioning /heating
- Ceiling fans
Household income must be at least twice the monthly rent but no more than the maximum income limits.
Minimum monthly income limits by unit size:
- 1 bedroom - $1,754
- 2 bedroom - $2,106
- 3 bedroom - $2,430
Maximum yearly income limits by household size:
- 1 person - $32,760
- 2 person - $37,440
- 3 person - $42,120
- 4 person - $46,740
- 5 person - $50,520
- For larger household sizes, please call 530-712-2600
How to apply
Please review and sign the Tenant Screening and Selection Process
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $35 fee to complete a background check.
A security deposit is required upon acceptance. Deposits vary depending on rental and credit history.
Rent amount varies by unit size:
- 1 bedroom - $877
- 2 bedroom - $1,053
- 3 bedroom - $1,215
For questions, please contact Rosario by phone at 530-712-2800 ext 846 or by email at AffordableHousing@buttecaa.com
Each adult will be asked to complete their own rental application for and pay a non-refundable screening charge of $35. Be prepared to wait 5-7 business days for the application verification process to be completed.
- Residents will be asked to follow apartment/community rules, which will be provided prior to lease signing.
- These apartments are not income-based, meaning the rent will not decrease/increase if income changes. Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- If an apartment is not available for occupancy when the application is submitted, you will be put on a waiting list. Your application will be screened and verified when an apartment becomes available prior to occupancy.
- If the application is approved and you decide not to rent or the application is denied you will forfeit your $35 non refundable screening charge.