See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
Resident Security Monitor
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization that has been providing supportive services to low-income residence in our community for over 50 years! We are in search of a unique individual for the position of Resident Security Monitor within the Agency’s Esplanade House program; a program of our Agency that provides housing and supportive services to homeless families with children.
The Resident Security Monitor is a neighborhood watch style position. The incumbent would live on-site and will need to be available during designated hours* to assist with enforcing Agency policies and sober living rules, complete random walks around the property, ensure buildings are locked following evening program events including the laundry room every night at 10pm, handle resident situations that need attention appropriately and complete other duties as assigned. No maintenance or property management responsibilities are associated with this position. *Tentative designated hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The Resident Security Monitor is a full-time position working between 30 and 40 hours per week. The hourly wage for this position is $13.00, salary range 29; a 1-bedroom apartment will be provided as part of the position’s compensation during employment. This position also offers an employee benefit package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance – The Agency currently pays 70% of the employee premiums and 15% of eligible dependent premiums.
- Life Insurance – The Agency currently pays for a $25,000 life insurance policy for the employee. Spouse and children coverage is available for a minimal fee.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Employees are eligible to make elective deferral contributions anytime on or after the date of hire. After completing one-year of service (1040+ hours), employees are eligible for 3% Agency contributions and matching contributions up to 3.25%.
- Optional Benefits – Accident, Critical Illness and Short-term Disability Coverage; Employee Assistance Program
- Other Annual Benefits – 96 hours of accrued Sick Leave, 40 hours of accrued Vacation, 8 hours of Personal Holiday Leave, 10 paid Agency observed holidays.
Special Requirements: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with a good driving record and eligible for Agency automobile insurance coverage per Guidelines for Drivers of Agency Owned Vehicles; Current or Pass a post-offer/pre-employment TB clearance renewable annually; Pass a post-job offer/pre-employment background check and Pass a post-job offer/pre-employment drug test.
Would you like to become a part of our team?!?! Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible. Submission of a completed Agency Application is required to apply.