See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
Chief Financial Officer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization that has been providing supportive services to low-income residence in our community for over 50 years! We are seeking a forward-thinking, experienced and highly skilled Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is a key member of Agency leadership who, as a part of a leadership team, applies professional financial management skills to help to chart the future of the Agency in accordance with its mission and vision. The CFO will help to reinforce an organizational commitment to excellence and the rich history of community action. The CFO will be knowledgeable of the field of community action to help the Agency to remain true to its origins. As demonstration of this the CFO will be expected to obtain a Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) from the National Community Action Partnership. In addition to the need to administer Agency budgeting, accounting, fleet and facilities responsibilities the CFO will apply critical management leadership skills including financial projections, scenario planning, varied analyses and risk assessments. The CFO should be comfortable with a focus on continuous improvement and development of organizational systems, policies and practices.
Priorities for the CFO will include: Supporting the CEO’s focus on vision, key strategic initiatives, fundraising and maintaining a strong external organizational presence; preserving operational integrity and accountability while effectively representing CAABCI with staff, boards, committees, the public, and representatives of donor and grant agencies; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships, working well with a broad range of personalities and experience levels; continuing to build organizational financial capacity in challenging and changing nonprofit business environment; demonstrating a customer service attitude to a wide variety of interests; balancing consensus with a bias for action.
About the Position
The Chief Financial Officer is (CFO) an exempt, management level classification. The CFO is a member of the Executive Group. The CFO plans, organizes and directs the financial planning functions of the Agency; oversees and directs accounting, auditing, budget, payroll, risk management, fleet and facility functions; represents the Agency with other organizations and government agencies while performing a variety of complex fiscal and analysis assignments. The CFO provides supervision, direction and training for assigned staff, including but not limited to, Controller, Accountant series, Account Clerk series, Office Assistant series and Maintenance series. **The full job description for this position is provided with the Agency’s online application.**
Benefits of Employment
The starting annual salary for this position is $71,697.60 salary range 140 ($34.47 to $44.20 per hour); wages negotiable within the assigned salary range based on experience and qualifications. This position offers an employee benefit package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance – The Agency currently pays 70% of the employee premiums and 15% of eligible dependent premiums.
- Life Insurance – The Agency currently pays for a $25,000 life insurance policy for the employee. Spouse and children coverage is available for a minimal fee. Voluntary Term Life with AD&D also available for employee, spouse and dependents.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Employees are eligible to make elective deferral contributions anytime on or after the date of hire. After completing one-year of service (1040+ hours), employees are eligible for 3% Agency contributions and matching contributions up to 3.25%.
- Optional Benefits – Cafeteria Plan (Medical & Dependent Care FSA); Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Short-term Disability Coverage; access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Other Annual Benefits – accrued Sick Leave, accrued Vacation, Personal Holiday Leave, 10 paid Agency observed holidays.
Would you like to become a part of our team?!?! Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible. Submission of a completed Agency Application is required to apply.