See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization that has been providing supportive services to low-income residence in our community for over 50 years! We are currently hiring for the position of Maintenance Worker/Groundskeeper.
The Maintenance Worker/Groundskeeper is a temporary position working 20 – 40 hours per week during business hours 7:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday; flexible schedule considered during these hours. The starting hourly wage for this position is $12.01; negotiable within the assigned salary range based on experience and qualifications; salary range 34 ($11.10 to $14.23 per hour).
Summary: Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and office, parking lots and other community buildings of multi-family residential apartments.
- Responsible for upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of empty units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
- Assist in the troubleshoot/repair of mechanical, carpentry and electrical problems.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one (1) year experience in building maintenance, janitorial work and/or general labor
- Landscaping experience required
- Handyman experience preferred
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with a good driving record and eligible for Agency automobile insurance coverage per Guidelines for Drivers of Agency Owned Vehicles;
- Pass a post-job offer/pre-employment background check and
- Pass a post-job offer/pre-employment drug test.
Would you like to become a part of our team?!?! Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible.