See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
Program Specialist I
We are currently hiring for the position of Program Specialist I within our Energy & Environmental Services (EES) program; a unit of the Agency that provides utility payment assistance and weatherization/home energy saving services to low-income residents in Butte County. The Program Specialist I is a full-time position working 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Under general supervision, plans, develops and implements program eligibility functions; may perform a wide variety of complex eligibility criteria for applicants seeking program assistance and completes process for efficient data entry into state web-based computer systems or an Agency database. May conduct outreach, marketing and give educational presentations; makes appropriate referrals, completes reports and compiles statistical data to Agency staff and funding sources, and other duties as assigned. This is a non-exempt status position. The starting hourly wage for this position is $15.38; negotiable within the assigned salary range based on experience and qualifications; salary range 51 ($15.38 to $19.72 per hour). This position offers an employee benefit package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance: The Agency currently pays 70% of the employee premiums and 15% of eligible dependent premiums.
- Life Insurance: The Agency currently pays for a $25,000 life insurance policy for the employee. Spouse and children coverage is available for a minimal fee.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: Employees are eligible to make elective deferral contributions anytime on or after the date of hire. After completing one-year of service (1040+ hours), employees are eligible for 3% Agency contributions and matching contributions up to 3.25%.
- Optional Benefits: Accident, Critical Illness and Short-term Disability Coverage
- Other Annual Benefits: accrued Sick Leave, accrued Vacation, 8 hours of Personal Holiday Leave, 10 paid Agency observed holidays and access to an Employee Assistance Program.