See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
Weatherization Worker II
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization that has been providing supportive services to low-income residence in our community for 50 years! We are currently hiring for the position of Weatherization Worker II within our Energy & Environmental Services (EES) program; a unit of the Agency that provides utility payment assistance and weatherization/home energy saving services to low-income residents in Butte County.
The Weatherization Worker II is a full-time position working 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:00am –4:30pm. Under general supervision, to perform a variety of general maintenance, heavy physical duties, and semi-skilled work in the maintenance, rehabilitation and repair of housing and other buildings, facilities, fixtures, and building equipment; to perform weatherization projects; and to do related work as required.
The starting hourly wage for the Weatherization Worker I position is $14.80 (SR 55); wages are negotiable within the assigned salary range based on experience and qualifications; Salary Rage (SR) 55 is $14.80 to $18.97 per hour. There is opportunity for advancement within the first year of employment after obtaining required certifications. These positions offer an employee benefit package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance – The Agency currently pays 70% of the employee premiums and 15% of eligible dependent premiums.
- Life Insurance – The Agency currently pays for a $25,000 life insurance policy for the employee. Spouse and children coverage is available for a minimal fee.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Employees are eligible to make elective deferral contributions anytime on or after the date of hire. After completing one-year of service (1040+ hours), employees are eligible for 3% Agency contributions and matching contributions up to 3.25%.
- Optional Benefits – Accident, Critical Illness and Short-term Disability Coverage; Employee Assistance Program
- Other Annual Benefits – 48 hours of accrued Sick Leave, 40 hours of accrued Vacation, 8 hours of Personal Holiday Leave, 10 paid Agency observed holidays.
Deadline: Open until sufficient number of qualified applications must be received.
Would you like to become a part of our team?!?! Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible. Submission of a completed Agency Application Packet is required to apply.