See our openings below for a position of interest. You can select based on location or specific programs within the Community Action Agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
Online Job Application
Account Clerk II
Account Clerk II
SALARY RANGE: 49 ($14.50 – $18.60) CLOSING DATE: Pending* *Sufficient number of qualified applicants must be received.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW; PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!GUIDELINES: In order to receive full consideration for employment, submission of a complete Agency Application Packet with your signature is REQUIRED. DO NOT use “See Resume” as an answer for any requested information. Complete application packets may be hand-delivered, faxed, e-mailed and/or sent by postal mail. Failure to complete and/or provide all of the required documentation may remove you from consideration for employment. DESIRED DOCUMENTATION:
- Cover Letter
- Signed Job Description
- Employment Application, required
- Letters of Recommendation – minimum of two (2) letters are desired.
- Job Related Transcripts, Licenses and/or Certificates.
- Reference Check Authorization, required (download here)
- DMV Printout ~ obtained from DMV within the last 30 days; required.
- Affirmative Action Questionnaire – optional (download here)
- Maintains a variety of financial and statistical records;
- Processes warrants, bills, and other documents involved with financial record keeping;
- Posts information to expenditure records;
- Verifies purchase orders;
- Performs data entry of account adjustments;
- May audit payment authorizations and match them with purchase orders;
- Receives monies for a variety of purposes and maintains records of receipts;
- Balances cash received and prepares deposits;
- Assists with the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers;
- Assists with the development of financial and statistical reports;
- Assists with the compilation of budget information;
- Operates computerized financial information systems and on-line computer systems used in the Agency;
- May work with spreadsheets and word processing programs;
- Performs a variety of general office assistance assignments.
- Methods and practices of financial and statistical record keeping.
- Good public relations techniques.
- Maintenance of files and information retrieval systems.
- Basic knowledge of agency purchasing techniques.
- Modern office methods and procedures.
- Perform a variety of financial and statistical record keeping work.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Read and understand codes, statutes, and information related to financial and statistical record keeping work.
- Gather and organize data and information.
- Make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Work with computerized financial information systems and use a computer for financial and statistical record keeping work.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and other staff when explaining the functions and policies of the work area where assigned.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Completion of course work of basic accounting principles.
- Maintain and observe all safety precautions and practices.
- One year of previous work experience performing fiscal support work at a level comparable to Account Clerk I with the Agency; and
- Completion of course work in Basic Accounting, Fund Accounting, or Accounting I class; or
- Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Possession of a valid and appropriate California Driver’s License with a good driving record; eligible for Agency automobile insurance coverage per Guidelines for Drivers of Agency Owned Vehicles.
- Pass a post-offer / pre-employment background check.
- Pass a post-offer / pre-employment drug test.